Action on climate change
We are promoting
- a low carbon vehicle fleet and
- a well-developed economy
We are contributing to
- global sustainability objectives,
- the EU’s goal of a well-developed bioeconomy and renewable transport energy
- the Swedish goals that revolve around bioeconomy and fossil freedom.
BioFuel Region is a non-profit organisation that collaborates with the public sector, industry and research and development
Funding is through membership fees, regional funding and project funding.
Together with members in northern Sweden, we are promoting a low carbon vehicle fleet and a well-developed bioeconomy.
Sustainable Development Agenda by 2030
All people have a fundamental responsibility for the 17 global goals in Agenda 2030, and based on that, we are focusing on where we can do the most good. Since 2003 the climate challenge has motivated Biofuel Region in its efforts, and therefore our guiding principle is to:
- Goal 13; Climate action : “Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts”
Our focus on a well-developed bioeconomy and a low carbon vehicle fleet means that the following goal is of central importance to us:
- Goal 7: Affordable and clean energy: Intermediate goal 7.2 – By 2030 substantially increase the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
- Goal 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure. Intermediate goal 9.1 – Develop reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure of high quality, including regional and transborder infrastructure.
Our collaboration is based on:
- Goal 17: Partnership for the goals: Intermediate goal 17.17 – Encourage and promote effective public and public-private partnerships and civil society partnerships, building on the experience of other partnerships and their funding strategies.
- Goal 4; Quality education, and
- Goal 5; Gender equality